We aim to carry out repairs as soon as possible and complete them within our target times, depending on the type of repair and how urgent it is.
Respond within four hours and complete within 24 hours
- Where premises are unsafe following vandalism, racial attack, or domestic violence.
- Where the door-entry system is faulty and residents or visitors cannot enter or leave the block (we will do a temporary repair so people can get in and out).
- Blocked drains forcing water back up into the washbasin, bath, sink or toilet.
- No cold water supply.
- Not heating or hot water between 30 September and 31 March.
- Toilet not flushing if it is the only working toilet in the home.
- No electricity.
- Unsafe power supply, lighting sockets or electrical fittings.
- No lighting on shared staircases.
- Storm, accident or flood damage to the building.
- Faulty lift (if it is the only lift, or the only life that goes to every floor).
- Replacing broken glass where there is a security or injury risk.
- Removing obscene and racist graffiti from shared areas.
Respond within seven days
- No electricity supply to part of your home.
- No water supply to part of your home.
- No heating or hot water between 1 April and 30 September).
- Door-entry system not working (full repair).
- Tap you cannot turn off.
- Banister or handrail that is loose or has come away from its fittings.
- Rotten timber flooring or stairs.
- All non-emergency electrical repairs.
- Leaking roof, gutters or downpipes, if they are causing dampness in your home.
- Replacing windows (where they are our responsibility).
- Outside doors and windows that are not safe (where this is not an emergency).
- Loose or broken floorboards (where they are dangerous).
- Falling plaster (where it is likely to be dangerous).
Respond within 30 days
- Renewing or replacing storage tanks and hot-water cylinders.
- Any immersion heater or sanitaryware (toilet bowls, cisterns and so on) which does not work or is unhygienic and not covered by other priorities.
- Repairing or renewing waste-water pipes, faulty ball valves or faulty taps.
- Repairs to faulty central heating appliances not covered by other priorities.
- Replacing outside windows and doors.
- Repairing blocked and leaking gutters and rainwater pipes.
- Minor repairs to steps and staircases.
- Removing graffiti which is not offensive.
- All repairs other than those listed above which affect your personal comfort or safety, and which are not your responsibility.
- Outside walls.
For vulnerable tenants, for example, people who are frail or disabled and those who live in sheltered housing, we may treat routine repairs as urgent, and treat urgent repairs as emergencies.
Report a repair
We are open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm for you to report a repair.
Set up your account today to log a repair online, call 020 8709 4300.
020 8709 4300
0800 052 9922
Appointment slots can be booked as follows:
Monday to Friday:
8am - 11am
11am - 2pm
2pm - 5pm
9am - 12pm